Great news: a lot of asian noodles are gluten-free as they are made from ingredients like acorns, mung beans, rice or sweet potatoes. Some of them still contain wheat flour so you better double check the ingredients on the packaging (but also a lot of them are gluten-free, available in asian markets, in well-stocked stores or online).
Just to mention some of them: acorns, mung beans, rice noodles, buckwheat or sweet potato vermicelli, shirataki noodles...So be creative and explore this wonderful variety of gluten-free noodles!
Active time: 30 minutes
- 1 leek
- 1 sweet red pepper
- 125 gr shrimps
- 1/2 courgettes
- 250 ml coconut milk
- 1 pack glass noodles
- salt, pepper, garlic powder
- olive oil
- Start by cleaning and cutting the vegetables.
- Take a pan and heat the olive oil. Add the leek and fry until golden (over a medium heat).
- Add the other vegetables and the shrimps and cook for 15 minutes, season with salt, pepper and garlic powder.
- Add the coconut milk and mix it well. Cook for other 5 minutes.
- Then add the glass noodles and cook until soft, about 5 minutes.
- Divide the noodles into 4 bowls.
- Eventually top with jalapeno pepper slices and pepper to serve.